FREE SHIPPING FOR ORDERS OVER $50 IN AUSTRALIA . AFTERPAY AVAILABLE
December 18, 2019
Recipe and Photos Courtesy of Knowrish Well
"Gummy bears are one of those sweets that carry the nostalgic factor for us - put a packet of gummy bears in front of us and we're instantly taken back to being kids eating them by the handful at the movies. The huge amounts of sugar along with gelatine (the ingredient that gives gummy bears their bouncy texture and is also derived from animal body parts) are the two BIG reasons we no longer buy gummy sweets, but that didn't stop us from making our own homemade vegan gummy bear recipe."
To make a much healthier version, this recipe calls for the Knowrish Well Beauty Nectar™ powder which is aimed at elevating your natural glow thanks to its beautifying all natural plant based ingredients including Vitamin C for collagen boosting, antioxidants to help combat free radicals and plumpling Rice Bran Phyto-Ceramides. The powder is also what gives these vegan gummy bears their luscious berry taste!
There are two kinds of gummy bear recipes below, one is the classic gummy bear taste and the 'creamy' kind are for those who love a milkier type gummy. We suggest you try both!
You'll need a gummy bear silicone mould or any shape you would prefer. These can be easily found online. You'll also need Agar which can be found in most health food shops, this ingredient acts as the gelatine replacement so your vegan gummy Beauty Bears have that bouncy texture.
GUMMY BEAUTY BEARS
VEGAN - GELATINE FREE - CRUELTY FREE
MAKES: 2-4 serves
MAKE TIME: 25 min
1 cup plain coconut juice
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp agar
1 ½ tsp Knowrish Well Beauty Nectar™
Smidgen citric acid
½ cup juice
1 tbsp. sugar
2 tsp Knowrish Well Beauty Nectar™
3- 4 tsp coconut cream
1. In a small unheated saucepan, mix all dry ingredients together. Once mixed, add the coconut juice while stirring continuously until completely dissolved.
2. Heat the saucepan on a low heat with the mixture and bring to a slight simmer or until it resembles a syrup consistency, but not paste. To not form lumps, whisk constantly. For creamy version add the cream into the mixture now and continue to whisk.
3. Once you get the syrup texture, turn off heat (this will only take a few minutes). Keep the sauce pan on the stove to keep the texture warm, so that it doesn’t set or harden.
4. Fill gummy moulds (while mixture is still warm) using the eyedropper tool and refrigerate for about 10-15 minutes or until firm
5. Pop out of the mould and store in fridge until ready to eat. We stored ours in a glass air-tight jar. Enjoy any time you want some glow on the go!
December 25, 2019
November 02, 2019